I have been offered a job with Intel in the UK, about an hour west of London in a town called Swindon. I would still be a Sr. Financial Analyst, but for a slightly different group. I am very excited.
This Thursday I am leaving (flying through Chicago, so think good thoughts about the weather there) to spend some face-to-face time with the group in Swindon that I would work with and to see the area that I would live in. Last summer on my trip to Europe, I drove past Swindon on the M-4 highway, we didn’t stop there. The whole point of the trip is to see if I want to accept the job and move to England. If I take the job, I’ll relocated in May or June and plan to stay for 18-24 months and then hopefully get a transfer back home. I am planning to keep my house here – renting to friends and probably Kathy. I would take my dog with me – once his 6 month waiting period is complete in July.
At this point, I am really hoping that I like the Swindon area. I want to move there. I think that it is a great opportunity, both personally and in my career. I’ll keep you posted on my decision, and if any move is imminent. You are all welcome to come and visit if I do make the move.
At this point, I am really hoping that I like the Swindon area. I want to move there. I think that it is a great opportunity, both personally and in my career. I’ll keep you posted on my decision, and if any move is imminent. You are all welcome to come and visit if I do make the move.
-Becky
1 comment:
I'm an American girl, too, planning to visit Swindon in February 2008. I'll be touring England for 2 weeks, visiting friends and family. I'm stopping in Swindon, as my boyfriend is a big fan of XTC (as am I). It's on our way to Exeter anyway.
Did you move there? If so, do you like it? I am hoping to eventually move to England, as well. Do you have any tips on how one might find a position there? I'm currently working for the textbook publisher, Pearson, which is based in London. However, it's my understanding that it's tricky to transfer overseas through the company right now.
Any insight you could offer would be greatly appreciated! Your blog is fascinating, by the way.
Thanks,
Heather St. Clair
heatherstc@hotmail.com
Post a Comment