Friday, August 24, 2007

Pampered

My week at home was great. First Pippin totally remembered me!! :) That made me happy. Although I was a little disconcerted about re-traumatizing him by leaving for LA for 4 days, coming back and then leaving again after 1 day. I heard he did just fine.

After getting through the drama of church on Sunday without my suitcase, I was thrilled for them to be delivered during dinner. To be fair, I did have one of my suitcases...Kathy was missing both. However, the one I did have was mostly full of gifts (pashminas and chocolate) - so it wasn't much help. It did have my tomtom though, so I was greatful it was never lost.

My good friend Jennifer took Monday off - so nice of her. We went and saw No Reservations. It is a remake of a German movie called Mostly Martha that Kathy loves. The remake is actually quite good. I really enjoyed it. After the movie, we went to Old Chicago for lunch. The Diet Pepsi was fab and refillable. I definitely had my fair share. Yumm. I can't really remember what I did on Monday night. I remember repeatedly going to Target and Trader Joes to pick up things to bring back. Sadly, TJ's has discontinued a couple of things I always buy (Mint Dog Biscuits and Lemon Meringues) and they were completely out of Low Sodium Tuna - at 2 different locations more than 2 separate trips. :(

Oh, I remember. I went home and got Pippin. On Monday night I was playing games back out at my house with Rebecca, Eric, Alexis and Andrea. Pip definitely needed to be there. I took him to Petsmark - he was SO excited. I weighed him, and he is liek 84 pounds now. We both gained weight. Then Rebecca and I ate at Baja Fresh outside while he sat at our feet. Mostly he behaved.

Rebecca (my roommate - now Kathy's) took off Tuesday and Wednesday. Again - so nice. On Tuesday we shopped a little (and found some great clothes at Kohl's) then ate lunch at Costa Vida with some work collegues, then went and got pedicures. Rebecca had to wait FOREVER for hers, but I hope it wasn't too horrible. Here's a picture of my feet - still pretty at the Friday wedding. Mine on on the far right in the black strappies. (The other 2 pairs of feet are Rachel (left) and Kathy (middle)).


I also go my eyebrows done. The fabulous Vietnamese Lady that has done my eyebrows for about a year freaked out...apparently the one time I've had them done here, the technician took too much from the inside of my left eyebrow. Now I am told never to go back there and to let the crazy hairs grow back. Oh well.

After the pedicures we went to Rebecca's work so she could get her tetnus vaccinnation updated in time to keep OHSU compliant with an audit...on the way out, my cheap-o flip flops from the salon broke and I had to walk barefoot back to the car on the hot hot hot pavement.

Tuesday night is kind of a blur. Maybe it will come back to me in a minute. Maybe we ate at the soup place? - no that was Wednesday after my haircut. hmmm.

On Wednesday Rebecca and I ran several errands, ate at Panda Express and then went to get haircuts. I had been toying with whacking my hair off for months - it has been driving me crazy. I settled on just a trim and hightlights. Scott loves straight hair, so he straightened the heck out of my hair. I have never seen it so straight - and he did it in just 15 or 20 minutes. Amazing. It will probably never be so straight again, so here's a picture.


After the movie, Rachel met Rebecca and I at the cinema to see Stardust. We all really liked it. I doesn't come out here for a while, but when it does, I might see it again. There are still a few movies I want to see - The Bourne Supremacy, Ratatouille...and others I can't remember.

On the flights to and from the US, I managed to watch several movies - Blades of Glory (probably the only way I'd ever see it), Cars and Wild Hogs. Cars was the best of the 3. I also re-watched Music and Lyrics which was just as good the second time. :) I did manage to sleep on the planes, and I had very little jetlag in the US...the way back here was a different story - for another day.

Oh, I'll try to make anonomous comments possible today...so if you haven't been able to comment and you want to - go ahead and try.

No comments: