Thursday, October 4, 2007

a week's worth

I guess I go through fits and starts of blogging – sometimes every day, sometimes more than once a day, now once a week or beyond. It has been October for 4 days – that is enough to blog about. How did it get to be October already? Time is really flying by. The weather is getting cold – today I am sporting the wool scarf that Jennifer wove for me last winter. It is long, warm and fabulous. I’m finally listening to the General Relief Society Meeting – it just started in my ears. I think it is really interesting that I am watching it via BYU-TV streaming broadcast – not on lds.org. I guess it is just a way to use resources most efficiently – no point in posting on lds.org when BYU TV already does it. I hope that will mean that the live broadcast is clean and can handle the traffic – I think that is how I’ll see conference – from my house at night. I am excited for General Conference. I guess there will be a new apostle called, and someone called into the First Presidency – how exciting.

I am trying to think about what I have done this week…
Saturday – Sale Shopping at Next starting at 7am. (kind of like Britain’s Old Navy). I bought a dress and 2 skirts. Refrained from buying a new handbag. Then went to a Relief Society service project for a local women's refuge. Then I went home and I did YBB – if you don’t know that workout, I won’t tell you – you’ll mock me. It felt good – except that I hadn’t put the non-slip mats under my rugs – so there was almost an incident with one of my knees. Then I got a phone call from Greg (2nd counselor in the bishopric) asking me to substitute in sunday school for the 14-17 year old class...
Sunday – Wore new dress. Taught the 12-17 year olds in Sunday School – normally there are 2 classes, they got combined. I had a total of 7 kids. It went well – although the new Sunday School President taught Gospel Doctrine, and it was apparently fantastic. So probably it wouldn’t have been awful to be in normal Sunday School this week. After church I spent most of the day with my friends the Slades. They are great!
Monday – work. It is quarter close week – so a busier week for me than “normal.” After work I put the non-slip mats under my rugs.
Tuesday – worked from home. Gotta love having that as an option. I got so much work done – it was fantastic. Even better to find out that the forecast I did for our total spend for the quarter came in quite close. The bad part of working from home – I totally succumbed to the temptation of chocolate – that is all my mouth seems to want right now. Well, now the chocolate is all gone (I keep telling myself that, but the truth is that I already bought candy for Halloween, it is hidden in the closet). After work I went to Institute with 2 other members of my ward. Institute is at the stake center which is 45 minutes away. There were about 35 students – apparently there are about 60 enrolled. Not all of them seemed 20, but mostly they were young. The course of study this term is the Pearl of Great Price. So there are about 9 verses to read each week. I am going to try to keep going.
Wednesday – work – such a broken record. After work I had Ward Council (also somewhat of a broken record – we spend the majority of the meeting reading the minutes from the last meeting (which are mostly minutes from the meeting before…a vicious cycle). After the meeting I finally went to Tesco and bought food – yesterday I ran completely out of produce – and food. I had a couple eggs, some cheese, and some tuna to eat. After an hour at Tesco, all I have is choices for lunch today. I also filled up my car with diesel on my way out of the Tesco car park. £0.969 per litre. It cost £40.75 to fill up my little Focus's tank. That’s over $80 – think about that the next time you get gas. Once home I worked for a little while, then instead of going to sleep I stayed up until 1am reading book 2 of the Dresden Files series (what the TV show was based on). At 1 I made myself put the book down and go to sleep.

Now it is Thursday – work, go home for lunch, work, go home for dinner, walk with April, sleep. Tomorrow I have an early meeting. Then after work I’ll drive to Reading to pick up Ginger. She is coming for the weekend. We are planning to go explore Oxford on Saturday – there is some festival I think. Next weekend we are going to Ireland!!! Then the next Thursday Rebecca arrives!!! October will be a good month. There will definitely be pictures to post.

Mom skyped me last night to tell me that I have a hair appointment scheduled at Christmas – it is coming so quick! I’ll be in Portland from December 14-29. I can’t wait!

No comments: