Tonight April and I upped our nightly (well nearly) walk to an attempt at jogging. She is probably so sad to be partnered with me. I am such a bad jogger. We did okay, and we will improve, and I will be sore tomorrow. Goals are good. It has been about 6 months since my last jogging attempt - which lasted for about 5 or 6 months. I got decently proficient. Unfortunately, it isn't quite like riding a bike - my body is struggling to remember my "form". I'm sure it is not pretty - probably never will be, but I AM jogging. :)
Tonight we were a bit delayed because we had Relief Society HFPE - a BBQ. In classic RS fashion - we started late. I ate dinner and was expecting to leave early, but we started with a "teambuilding" activity. My group was to make a structure that could save an egg from cracking after a 10 foot drop. We had a long 1/4" dowel (probably 6" long), a magazine, a hanger and tape. The egg made it. I think the trickiest bit was getting the person dropping the egg to aim properly. I don't think people even started eating until about 8:20. Much too late for dinner for me. But it was fun even though I got a paper cut.
The trees are starting to turn here. Fall is coming!
I realized last evening that it was September 11. I thought a lot more about it today. I'm not sure if it even made the news here (I don't think I actually watched any), but I did see a few web headlines. I can't believe it has been 6 years. That was when I was living in Folsom - nearly a year after I started at Intel. I can still remember mom's message on my voicemail - I was in the shower when she called. What an awful day. It still really gives me the wigwams (not a British word - just what popped into my head) to think about it.
Christy and I are still working on choosing a cruise. I guess we are down to 2 12-day options. Both Venice to Barcelona - one going the opposite direction as the other. About 1/2 the ports are the same - but for one there is Marseilles + 2 Turkish ports (Istanbul and Ephesus), the other has Dubrovnik (Croatia), Naples (I think) and a slightly different group of Greek ports. Any opinions? Have any of you cruised the Mediterranean on either Holland America or Princess Cruise Lines?
The weekend in West Ireland is shaping up - targeted for either the first or second weekend of October. I am very excited!!! I am just a teeny bit tenuous about the driving situation after dad's stories.
Time is just flying by. Only about a month until Rebecca comes. We'll have such a great time!!
No comments:
Post a Comment