Friday, September 21, 2007

Tragic Movie - Atonement

I just got home from seeing Atonement with some women in my ward. What a tragic - but good - movie. I mean, I did know that it would be tragic - I read the synopsis, and I saw the movie poster. Kiera Knightly looks so woe-begone...for a reason. The actor that was Mr Tumnus in Narnia is the lead male. Really, it is a very good movie - not easy. Phenomenal score. I recommend it, but it probably won't be one that I buy. I'm not sure that I'd ever really be in the mood to rewatch it.

The next movie these gals want to see is Evening...it's not out here yet, but coming soon. It was out earlier in the year (I think) in the US. Has anyone seen it? Let me know what you thought of it.

On a different note - to try to create a fun buzz around Trunk-or-Treat I am kicking off a Ward Spooking tomorrow. You know, where people take a plate of treats to other ward members house...with a poem about a spook - and put a ghost on there door once they've been hit... I am hoping this will work here. I am also hoping that it might drive a little more unity in the ward. I am delivering 6 plates tomorrow (hoping that haveing 6 starting points will give the best chance for success). So today after work I made peanut butter cookies - you know the kind that you put hershey kisses into (while they are still on the cookie sheet - if you wait until you have transfered the cookies to a drying rack, then you end up pushing cookie through the metal mesh when you put in the kiss)... well, there aren't hershey kisses here. So I have used a chocolate candy called Buttons - I think by Cadbury. They are basically flat disks of chocolate about 1/2 inch in diameter. I think they worked fine. And tonight I am making rice crispy treats. Marshmallows here seem a bit different - and certainly are less available. It really makes me question the scene in The Holiday when Jude Law's character makes hot chocolate for his daughters and puts marshmallows in it. I am not sure if that is really a british thing...

Tomorrow I am delivering goodies in the morning, then heading to Bicester (pronounced Bisteh), which is north of Oxford and has an outlet mall that I think is similiar to the one in Woodburn. I probably won't buy anything - I just want to go for a drive and see what is there. I still haven't been to Oxford - so maybe I'll stop there too...

Have a great Saturday.
-B

No comments: