So I was looking up Lost on IMDB (I am so excited about the new season starting). I was flipping between a couple of windows and then went back to IMDB and did a double take. There was this ad on the top of the web page.

I was just surprised. At first I thought that I was still on the mormon.org page from earlier in the day when I looked up the address for a chapel in Bristol (Friday Forum tonight - which I'm told is like a big regional institute evening...). I wonder how well the ad works? I wonder how many people click. Is this part of a big effort to bring the church out of obscurity (since Mitt is kinda doing that anyway)? I feel so far away from what is going on in America. People hardly know what a Mormon is over here. Maybe I should wear a sign - See me to chat with a Mormon. I went to a baptism a couple weeks ago, and then on Tuesday I took a new member to institute - it is so refreshing to hear people talk about feeling the Spirit when it is such a new thing. I think that I take for granted those feelings and need to remember that it is really a blessing that I need to cherish. I am so grateful for my knowledge and testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I hope that I can be a better example and more open about my faith - even in a country where talking about religion is quite the taboo.
Just my little public service announcement...
No comments:
Post a Comment