Friday, May 2, 2008

Knackered, Shattered, Shot, Pooped

Here is a quick non-cruise post.

Rachel left this morning. We'll we left for the airport at 6am. The drive to Heathrow was uneventful - and I was able to stay with Rach through the check in process. Thankfully we got everything packed into her 2 bags. Just barely within weight limits. I left just about 32 minutes after getting in the car park - which means instead of £2.30, my parking fee was £3.90 (I just love airport parking). I drove straight to work, arriving just in time for my 9am meeting.

I am so tired. I almost fell asleep several times during the day - and nearly at lunch while I was watching a Moonlight episode to catch up on what I missed while we were away.

In English I would say that I am shattered - or knackered. In American I am just pooped.

It was so nice having Rach around. We had a nice 3 weeks. I am super American right now - from being constantly with Rachel - and from being on a cruise with probably 1500 other Americans. I am sad that she left - but glad too. Now I can focus on my job search for the perfect job to move me back home. I am targeting September, if not sooner, for my return. :) I can't wait to get my dog back. Poor Pip - he'll have to transition all over again.

I still have a lot to do (and enjoy) around here - so I am trying not to get too far ahead of myself. That would a)totally overwhelm me, and b)waste the beautiful English Spring that is finally arriving. :) I have a couple of job prospects - but they are just vague prospects right now...

I have Monday off (a bank holiday here) so I'll have plenty of time to get ahead on my blog. Stay tuned.

No comments: