Friday, September 5, 2008

Leaving 'Do' to Die For!

April was kind enough to set up a going away party for me last night. It was a blast!! I had April invite a couple of girls from work: Bethan, Jo and Laurie.
A couple of couples from the ward: Jake & Gresha Carmichael (on the outside) and Stayson and Sarah Taylor (on the inside):
And also invited were Cheri and Jared Whitehouse. Cheri is a fellow American, but has mastered not only the English accent, but also the cuisine. She volunteered to make a smashing dinner of bangers and mash, yummy white onion gravy and green beans. So so so good!
She also made a treacle pudding - so so so yummy with a little bit of custard.
While enjoying the fabulous food - April had planned a couple of games. The first was a pass the parcel type game - but each person unwrapped an excerpt from my blog and read it and then passed the parcel along. So we got to relive some of my most memorable moments. I can't believe that April read (even just skimmed) my whole blog yesterday in preparation! The second game was a quiz about my time here. It was fun - and just a little embarrassing.

Everyone brought me gifts (which was a huge surprise). They were all things that were to help me remember my time here. I got quite a nice stash and feel better prepared to return home. Here we are at the end of the night (sans Sarah and Stayson who had to get home to relieve a babysitter - and Jared who is taking the picture).
I feel SO lucky to have made such great friends while I've been here! They are all such a blessing in my life and I hope that we will stay in touch - or better yet - that they'll come visit me in the US!!

Thanks everyone!! I'll miss you so much!

1 comment:

Al and Jenny said...

What a fun looking party! You've got some pretty great friends there :)