Friday, May 25, 2007

my new mobile - a Nokia 6300, nothing fancy

I got my mobile tonight, and it is already up and running. For you, my # would be 01144 789 4550466 – and for you to reach me at home it is 01144 1793 814874. Remember, I am 8 hours ahead of you. I don’t imagine that you’ll be calling much – since of the time difference and the cost. One interesting alternative is to text me. I have 1000 texts including in my monthly plan… I’ll check to see if there is an email address for texts to my phone (which would be free for you from your email – Cingular does it) but I don’t think so. I just sent a question since I couldn’t find it anywhere online.

I am still fighting with my proxy to try to win the war with ABC by logging in to Intel via a US VPN tunnel. I can link up with Jones Farm, but so far I can’t see any external website… it is doable though, I have talked to the PC Services guy…we just have to figure out what is wrong with my set up. It has happened to me at home before too…I just can’t remember how I fixed it.

I think that I’ll get up early in the morning tomorrow and be on skype from like 9pm PST if anyone wants to chat. I am going to drive to Bristol tomorrow morning to go to IKEA and Costco. Then I’ll come back into Swindon to car shop. Then there is a ward activity. Tonight there was a RS/YW joint activity with a psychotherapist in the ward talking to us about self-esteem. It was good.

I am going to try to get to bed before 11 (all week it has been more like 1). I’ll talk to you tomorrow morning (tonight your time) if I see you on Skype.

-becky

1 comment:

Sue Holbrook said...

Thanks for the phone numbers, Beck. I don't know how to text. Sorry. I am constantly trying to figure out what time it is there and what you are doing "right now"! I love the emails and this blog because then I know! I am sorry about the proxy/ABC problem. I know that you like some of those shows. That RS/YW activity sounds great. I am so glad that you went. I am proud of you. Love ya, Suz