I didn’t get searched at the airport. What a nice surprise. I guess TSA searched my red suitcase, it had a little “we searched you” note in it, but it still looked like I packed it. Poor TSA guy who opened it. The flights were smooth, and I actually got sleep on the leg between Chicago and Heathrow. The rental place did have carts for me to use, so the bins didn’t end up being a big deal at all. Thankfully. From the time we got to the gate and driving out of Hertz, it was less than an hour. Not bad at all. I ended up taking a weird way to the motorway…but I didn’t actually get lost, just followed different signs.
There is a big football (soccer) match on today. Some cup final at a new stadium in Wemberly. It is all that is on the radio that is on TV and all that people are talking about. I suppose that I should watch so I know what people are talking about tomorrow and at work next week.
I am set in my hotel. I had a decent lunch. I need to run a few errands (to get a better converter – mine popped its fuse). I just ordered a UK plug from Dell, and I’ll get one for my work computer on Tuesday at work. It just makes me nervous, so I’ll probably run out of battery tonight if I am not careful…or if I don’t find a converter for computers at the best buy-ish store this afternoon…
If you want to talk on skype, send me an email. I’ll definitely check in again later, I just want to conserve battery power. I don’t have my camera set up, so it will just be me on audio. Maybe tomorrow I’ll set up the camera.
It’s 2:10pm now. I’m going to go shopping for a bit. I’ll check back in around 5ish. (which is like 9am your time). I’ll probably want to go to sleep around 9:30 – and I need to eat something for dinner… I can talk between 9am and 1pm or so your time. Let me know if you are interested. Hopefully I’ll still have battery.
Love, becky
No comments:
Post a Comment