Monday, May 21, 2007

a workless Monday - the first of 2 in a row :)

I finally made it to the supermarket. My fridge is packed. But I think that I got everything that I need and I didn't fall over when it was totalled up. It was so weird buying everything at once - flour, all the sugars, vanilla, chocolate chips (okay, so I am in the mood for chocolate chip cookies -- it will help me guage how the over cooks), plus toilet paper, laundry detergent...everything. It just took 2 trips in from the car - I left my big plastic IKEA bags from last summer in my trunk - they helped a lot. They are my strategy to reduce trips. Hopefully in the future I will not be buying more (at one time) than fit in the 2 bags.

Since I was busy running around this morning with my "settling in" consultant (and I did get a bank account all squared away with Barclay's), I didn't leave for Tesco until almost 12:30. I was considering eating somewhere on the way, and then I remembered that Tesco has a cafe - unfortunatey when I got there, I didn't want any thing they had. So I shopped - for almost 2 hours. I think by the end my blood sugar was super low and I was just wandering. I even had some things that were (were) frozen - oh well. So I left Tesco with all of my groceries...and I just gave in. I drove through a KFC. I got a twister, fries and the smallest drink ever for 4 pounds. It tasted so good though. (Rebecca, you'd love it here: they put only 2 ice cubes in my drink, it was hardly cold.)

Tomorrow my day looks to be packed with meetings - all intorductions into what I'll be doing. I hope that I don't get overwhelmed.

I'm still looking for cars. I think that I've narrowed it down to a Ford Fiesta, Ford Focus, Vauxhall Corsa or Vauxhall Astra. But there may be a Seat (Spanish) or Citroen (French) that will suit me. I need to figure out how I am going to pay. It might be the easiest to put it on my mastercard from home and just paying it off directly from my US bank account instead of waiting to transfer funds. I need to check and see what (if any) fees my credit card applies to foreign purchases. Too bad that I don't have any frequent flyer credit card...now would be a good time.

I am going to see if I can figure out my programable water heater - I haven't had any warm water come out of the faucets yet...that would be compeltely unacceptable tomorrow morning for my shower. :( I'm sure I'll figure it out. Necessity is the key.

Have a good monday. I tried to check for pictures of pip at playcare already, then I remembered that it is only 8:30 in the morning. They don't post the pictures until after lunch...

Love, Becky

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am now caught up with your blog and I love it. Take care of yourself and enjoy! I sent an email to your office with pix of MidSomer.