Sunday, February 17, 2008

Homesick - or something

Last night I babysat for a friend. When I was driving home just after midnight in the very frosty blackness I heard 2 songs that sent me straight back to America. I heard the first and flipped to the other radio station and just found the second and turned off the radio. I didn't want to listen to either - it makes me sad.

I am in a weird place where I want to be back home - and then the next day I feel sad thinking about leaving. I am just a mess. Happily I am going to Barcelona in less than 2 weeks and that thrills me. I have been reading up more and am very excited. After that I think March will drag by, but the April will be hopping. Charis is coming to visit me from LA from the 3-11th. Then Rachel arrives on the 12 for our cruise. Rachel is here until May 3. So I have a fabulous month of visitors and seeing new places. Rachel and I decided on our shore excursions today. The pictures in 2 months (we embark in 56 days) will be phenomenal. We all need to pray for good weather - in Barcelona in March, then in Italy and Croatia in April.

Quickly I'll jump back the beginning of my blog - ironically the songs were both not by Americans. The first was Hips Don't Lie by Shakira. The second was the Bee Gees seeing You Should Be Dancing. Weird songs to make me homesick.

I am watching Lost - then I'm for bed. Lost is fabulous this season with the flash forwards. I just love the show - it is always fresh.

If you aren't up to date on Lost and don't want to know something look away. Who are the other 2 of the Oceanic 6? We know about Kate, Jack, Hurley and now Sayid. There are 2 more - and one of those was in the coffin in last season's finale (or I guess it could have been Hurley or Sayid). Locke? Sawyer? Sun? Claire (but then I would assume Aaron - and would they count him as 1 of the 6?)??? who knows? I don't think that Juliette or Ben would be counted with the crash survivors, neither would Desmond - but are they off the island too? So many questions.

No comments: