Friday, February 8, 2008

Professional Pet Photos

Christy got me these pictures of Pippin for my birthday/Christmas.

I think they look really formal and kind of like a painted portrait – and almost medieval or something – especially the one where he is sitting up. Like he is a dog of a king or a knight or something. I almost expect to see a plaque saying “Sir Pippin” at the bottom of it. Funny. But they are nice – just really dark.



I had some taken in the fall of 2006 (I’ve had Pip since early Fall of 2005 – when he was 4 months old). These pictures are the opposite – on white. I think that it must be very difficult for pet photographers to work with black animals – the contrast and lighting is so hard.

I do have a great looking dog – but I never thought I would be the kind of person to have professional photos taken of my pet. It feels silly. But I also thought that I would never dress my dog up – but I do. I sent home this fabulous green argyle sweater. I’m told that dad gets him dressed in the sweater and a red rain coat to go out for walks. Poor Pippin – he is probably mortified – but warm and dry.


On a completely different note – Ginger moves to London today. Her sister Stacie lands at Heathrow tomorrow morning – I’m going to help pick her up – then the 3 of us are going straight to the temple. It is a stake temple day for me, so I was planning to go – Ginger and her sister think it will be a good way to stay awake and get through the jet lag. Ginger will spend the next several days searching for a flat and suitable roommates (London is SO expensive). But they might get a chance to come visit me and see some of the countryside.

The weather is actually supposed to be quite nice for the next week or so – just sun (and cold). Today I have a guy (his name is Pete – my friend who suggested him to me just calls him “odd job” – he is coming over to tidy my front and back gardens. Right now I feel like walking to my front door is just gross – so many dead things hanging over the walk. Pete came last fall to wage the battle in the back garden against the knee high grass – I just couldn’t face it. His rates are very reasonable – and it just makes me feel better. I’ll need to give him the 3 kitchen plants that have died as well (they are quite pathetic looking right now).

I’ve been cleaning my house this week – getting rid of all the out-of-date catalogs and going through all of my paper rubbish. I need to find spots to store some new things like my primary manual and supplies. It feels like the time to do Spring Cleaning – too bad it isn’t quite Spring. The crocuses are starting to pop – so it’s not long off.

No comments: